Wednesday, August 26, 2009

truth and lying

I no longer can rely on truth of anything my mother says.

"Yesterday I..." could mean yesterday or last week or last month. "Mary and I..." could mean Mary, Joan, or Rebecca. "You know..." No, Mom I don't know, you have to tell me.
(what's with this blogging software that we can't have tabs??? jeesh where did the paragraph go?)
I also know, as a mother, she is protecting me by not telling me things. She doesn't want me to worry about her, so she doesn't tell me some things. She doesn't tell me about her bouts of diarrhea or of falling down in the bathroom in the middle of the night. "Mom! Where did that huge black and blue come from?"
After a phone conversation with her, the only facts I know are that she is alive in her home and talking to... me?

No comments: