Saturday, May 15, 2010

the bum's rush

Today I went to do errands with Mom. We got the mail, she read it, we discussed it, and then for the next two hours she asked me five more times to stop and get the mail.

I have the feeling that she is still upset with me for... for what... making her stay in the hospital... hiring more daily home aides to help her... doing the laundry the wrong way... taking away her car... being my meddlesome self...
Yes, even now she still comments on EVERY Subaru that we see. "I miss my car. I never had an accident. You took my car."

When we got back to the house, she really wanted me gone, she really wanted me out of her house. I still had a few chores that I needed to do, but she was after me to get done and get gone.
I wanted to mark the large stones in the field, so that the man I hired to mow wouldn't ruin his equipment on them.
"Do what ever you want, you're taking over everything."
Yes, she's upset with me.
She really has no idea how much I have "taken over" her life; much more than just throwing away the moldy food from her fridge and hiring someone to mow.

No comments: