Monday, July 18, 2011

new clothes

Mom has been argumentative when I bring her new clothes. "That's not my size, I can't wear that."
So I return them to the store.
Last week I had an idea. I bought some new jerseys, washed them, ironed her name tag over the "wrong" size, and then just hung them in her closet.
On my next visit she showed me one of her new jerseys.
"I found this in my closet, I haven't seen this jersey in a long time. I'm glad I found it."

Yes! Score! One point for the devious daughter.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I came across your blog when I was looking for blogs on Alzheimers, and I'm so glad I did! It is so helpful! I am the sole caregiver of my mom who has the early stages of alzheimers. What a great idea!! That was quite smart! I'll have to remember to think like that for different things. I have taken some of my mom's favorite clothes that were stained and ugly and got rid of them without her knowing. Sometimes it's just gotta be done. Thanks for sharing! stasweet.blogspot.com