Monday, April 30, 2012

I still want to barf

Today was the day, I sold my Mother's house.  The knot in my stomach is huge. This house was never MY house. I never lived there.  I have a feeling like I've done something terribly wrong, and yes, I can never un-sell it. Mom has no idea what I did today.

A new couple is moving in.  It is now their turn to sit on the porch and watch the humming birds fighting over the bee-balm plants. They will watch the fawns being birthed in the field. They will pick the blueberries in July and the strawberries in June. They will get their car stuck on the icy driveway next January. Will they ever love this old blue house as much as my Mother did?

I signed my name a hundred times today. It was all a blur. I came out of the meeting without the keys and with a check.  I guess that's all I can ask for.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I am so sorry you have had to do this. It is incredibly hard. I would say don't feel guilty, but I know better. Take care my prayers are with you.
Sheri

Pamela said...

It was a weird day for me when I sold my mom's house too. It was the house I grew up in but I knew she would never return to it so I had to let it go. It gets a little better though I still don't look at it much when driving by. Hang in there. We have our memories and now the new owners will make memories too.