Saturday, July 20, 2013

babies

What is it about babies, that make us love them so much? What is it about a baby that turn us into mush? They are just so darn cute.

Some of the aides bring their little children to visit with the residents.  Often it is the only time my Mother will smile, when she is holding a baby.

She still knows the difference between a real baby and a doll-baby.  She is resentful if you try to engage her with a doll-baby.

She will not engage or interact with any of the dogs that come to visit her neighborhood, she is frightened and scared by them. Which I think is strange, as she and Dad owned a few dogs throughout the years. Mom's a cat-person for sure.

There was a new book at Mom's place, a huge fat coffee-table book of baby photographs. Lovely, large, adorable pictures of babies.  Mom and I sat, knee to knee, the book resting on my lap so she could see the pictures.  It was way too heavy to rest on her lap!  I turned the pages and we cooed and awed and talked about the babies.  I was really pleased that Mom's one word sentences were spot-on when describing the photos.  I was pleased that she could read the expressions on their little faces.

Tired
Tee-hee-hee
Pretty
Awww
Sleepy
Laugh
Curious
Oooooh
Tickle
Naptime
Happy
Cootchie-coo

The book is "Baby Love" by Rachael Hale. 

No comments: