Friday, November 22, 2013

glasses part 5

Mom's aide just called. She threw her glasses on the floor and stepped on them.

They can't find her second pair. She had two identical pairs of glasses; they are always dirty, lost, broken, screw-less, torqued, lenses missing. 
Last month I had to repair both pairs.

Now I don't know what I'm going to do.  I'll try to call our eye doctor and see if they can order another pair, just like the two she had.

Mom, do they bother you that much that you don't want them on your face?  Has your vision changed so much this past year?  I really thought that you react and socialize much better when you are wearing your glasses; that you could at least see what's going on around you.  When you are not wearing your glasses - it just makes you want to curl up and zone out, detaching yourself from your environment. 

No comments: