Monday, March 10, 2014

laughing

I told my husband last night, "I haven't laughed so much in a long time."
Oh, my! What a synopsis to a this past week. But it's true.

Yes there were many, many tears, if you read this blog you know I cry a lot, so much, even now.



But, to have my brother here with me all week, and then to have his wife and daughters join us, and stay at my home; it brought me such joy. To have our sons with us; to see my daughter-in-law aglow with our growing grandchild; it brought me joy. Visiting with our friends, Mom's friends, family, cousins from far away... all gathered together to remember Mom; it was such a comfort.

To share the sad stories, to remember her dementia; brought us all to tears. But even better, to have friends and family remind me of how Mom use to be, to remember her, is such a gift.

Even to share some of the more absurd times of Mom's journey through dementia, we could all laugh together.  

To have folks share memories of Mom; the teacher, the puppeteer, the creative and outgoing lady she was.  Thank you all so much.

No comments: