Monday, August 22, 2011

the WALK to End Alzheimer's


I am participating in the WALK to End Alzheimer's this fall.
As this is an anonymous blog - it's kind of hard for me to ask you to make a pledge for me or my team.

But I can ask you to join the WALK yourself, or pledge to a friend who is walking, or to the Alzheimer's Association in general.

They have been a great help to me.
They have great resources.
The Alzheimer's Association hot-line is there with friendly, compassionate, and knowledgeable people who can help. People who are only a phone call away, day or night. 800-272-3900

As they say
"Alzheimer's is a thief who robs us of the people we love."
Ain't it the truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I walked this weekend in our local Alz. Assn's fundraiser walk. How inspiring to see so many people together for the cause. Thanks for your blog!

Emily @ www.emuf.blogspot.com

Mercedes said...

This post was very inspiring. My grandmother is suffering from Alzheimer's and it breaks my heart. She recently had an operation and is now having to use a Rochester catheter/s to help her drain fluids. It's getting really bad and I would love to be able to support her in a way as beautiful as this. Thanks for sharing